If you are getting the message that access is denied when trying to drop a dll into the GAC on a Windows Server 2008 and you have administrator priviledges
- 1. From the Administrative Tools select ‘Local Security Policy’
- 2. From ‘Local Policies’ select ‘Security Options’
- 3. Scroll down to ‘User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode’ and disabled it
- 4. Reboot for the policy to be applied.
“User Account Control: Run all users, including administrators, as standard users.
This security setting determines the behavior of all UAC policies for the entire system.
The options are:
• Enabled: Admin Approval Mode and all other UAC policies are dependent on this option being enabled. Changing this setting requires a system reboot.
• Disabled: Admin Approval Mode user type and all related UAC policies will be disabled. Note: the Security Center will notify that the overall security of the operating system has been reduced.