Friday, 22 October 2010
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
If you are getting the message that access is denied when trying to drop a dll into the GAC on a Windows Server 2008 and you have administrator priviledges
- 1. From the Administrative Tools select ‘Local Security Policy’
- 2. From ‘Local Policies’ select ‘Security Options’
- 3. Scroll down to ‘User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode’ and disabled it
- 4. Reboot for the policy to be applied.
“User Account Control: Run all users, including administrators, as standard users.
This security setting determines the behavior of all UAC policies for the entire system.
The options are:
• Enabled: Admin Approval Mode and all other UAC policies are dependent on this option being enabled. Changing this setting requires a system reboot.
• Disabled: Admin Approval Mode user type and all related UAC policies will be disabled. Note: the Security Center will notify that the overall security of the operating system has been reduced.
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
I came across this installing SharePoint 2007 onto a Windows Server 2008 (x64).
The server was a fresh install and had Office 2010 installed before the SharePoint installation was started.
The error is caused by InfoPath 2010 – uninstall InfoPath/Office 2010 and then run the SharePoint install again.
Wednesday, 1 July 2009
If you have a deployment job that hangs in the running state where it had previous failed then try this:
on source and target please do the following:
Open Central-Admin - Operations - Timer Job Status.
Choose "Service" for the "View"
Select "Central Administration" for the Service
Can you find a Content Deployment timer job?
If not, then the job is indeed no longer running.
In this situation you can change the status to Failed manually to allow restart:
choose the list item related to the job that shows the incorrect status
edit the job and change the "LastStatus" field to "2" which means Failed.
Now you can restart the job manually using the manage content deployment paths and jobs page.
Thanks to Stefan Goßner
Tuesday, 16 June 2009
I need to work on the presentation for the dev team at work and have the samples and presentation from the Pex site but am not sure which code samples to use or to mix in some work code?
Do I include Contacts and Stubs as well or would that be to much for a 2 hour session?